Views: 8 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-06-15 Origin: Site
Woven cotton tear strength test is an important index to detect the quality of textile materials, textiles due to the influence of its materials and process factors lead to a wide range of quality, different processes of textile tear strength is not the same, next for you to do a detailed introduction.
What is tear strength?
Fabric tearing is also called tearing, the local yarn of the fabric is subjected to a concentrated load, so that the phenomenon of fabric tearing. In the process of using the fabric, the clothes are hooked by the object, and the local yarn is pulled off by force. The fabric forms a strip or triangle crack, which is also a fracture phenomenon.
The main factors affecting the tearing strength of woven fabric include the following aspects:
1. The structure of the fabric
Fabric organization has an obvious influence on fabric tear strength. Sanyuan group, other conditions being the same, low tear strength of plain weave, satin, twill fabric somewhere in between. The influence of fabric density of fabric tear strength is more complex. When the same yarn thickness, density is small fabric tearing is strong "force is higher than the density of fabric. Latitude and longitude gauze, for example, is not easy to tear, and when to density approaches, warp and weft to tear strength. And when the warp density is greater than the weft density, warp tearing strength is greater than the weft to tear strength. Poplin fabric is easy to appear, for example, by the gap, because poplin fabric weft density is far less than end spacing, zonal tear strength is far less than the longitudinal tear strength.
2. The nature of the yarn
(1) a line of yarn: a little coarse yarn tear resistance and applied for a little bit better.
(2) yarn is filament or short silk: filament can be directly into yarn for textile, short fiber needs to be twisted by the method of staple fiber set yarn, so the strength of short fiber is lower than the strength of filament.
(3) the yarn twist, twist can make short fiber yarn or filament better embrace together, form a cohesive force, improve the strength and elasticity, so as to improve the tear strength of the fabric. But twist also to have certain limit, high twist not only increases the strength and elasticity, instead of the yarn crisp, strength and elasticity decreased.
(4) yarn elongation at break, tear strength of fabric is proportional to the yarn breaking strength is about and close relationship with yarn elongation at break. Force when yarn elongation at break of the big triangle bears tearing strength more than the number of yarn in at the same time, so the fabric tearing strength.
3. fabric structure
The tearing strength of plain weave tissue was the lowest, that of satin weave tissue was the highest, and that of twill weave tissue was between the two.
Plain weave < Twill weave < Satin weave
4. Density of fabric
The effect of fabric density on fabric tearing strength is complicated. For low-density fabrics, the tearing strength increases with the increase of fabric density, but when the density is higher, the tearing strength decreases with the increase of fabric density.
The most critical factor is that texture and density affect tearing strength by affecting yarn liability.
For example, the wool grinding process: the wool grinding process will be the surface of the fabric is polished, so that the surface of the tissue to produce short and neat small nap. In this way, the fabric surface yarn structure is destroyed, and the yarn strength decreases.
Resin finishing: for cotton fabric, viscose fiber fabric after comb finishing yarn elongation reduced, fabric brittleness increased, fabric tear strength decreased, the decreased degree and the use of resin type, processing technology.
And coating: on the surface of the fabric is coated with a layer of chemical slurry, so that the fabric surface has various functions (such as anti-velvet, waterproof). This kind of process slurry will be the fabric warp and weft yarns fixed in the relative position, unable to move, will lead to a significant reduction in the fabric torn triangle area. So the strength of the coating will be significantly reduced before the coating. When doing this similar process, tearing must be assessed.
1.Blended with high performance fibers to enhance the ripping properties of the cloth by enhancing the yarn strength.
2.The warp and weft density of fabric can be enhanced, the height of warp wave can be increased, the number of yarns in the stressed triangle area can be increased, and the ripping performance of fabric can be enhanced by increasing the number of yarn shrinkage and strained yarns.
3.Change the fabric structure, improve the moving ability of yarn in the fabric during the tearing process, and improve the tearing performance of fabric by increasing the number of stressed yarn.
West Street，Chencang District，
We promise to treat each customer with 100% enthusiasm and take every order seriously.